Tuesday, May 31, 2022

New Blog ~ Old Pieces


 

It's been a few years. My old blog decided I wasn't allowed to post anything new, even though I was signed in!

Today I went through my basket of unfinished pieces and created this new blog to keep track of, and share, any progress.

It's been so long since I made the above piece, that I'd forgotten about it. I was rather pleased to find it though, as it's quite relevant for Jude's exploration of Paper to Cloth. To Paper.

I didn't like the glaring white of the square on the left. Whilst wondering what to do about it, I remembered I had a jar of some Walnuts left to do their thing, gathering dust in a corner for years.



The Walnuts, (a handful), were a gift nearly ten years ago I think. As I don't have any more readily available, I've been terribly frugal, and only use the dye for painting onto small pieces. The smell when I opened the jar was of newly turned earth, and I inhaled deeply.

I'm so happy with the result of the dye on this piece.

Also found in the basket was a face.... 




 
...a technique learned from Jude, so many years ago.

I'll try to keep posting regularly, though this short piece has taken me ages...I'm so rusty at this!


8 comments:

  1. Digging through the WIPs brings forgotten jewels. Perhaps will spark some others as beautiful. Nuts! Oh beloved nuts, especially walnuts! Glad you're kicking this off again. I'm trying mine again too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I found you here! I'm so glad ๐Ÿ™‚ This is such a sweet little cloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, this is Nancy (I can't seem to be able to comment as me lately!)

      Delete
    2. Helloooo Nancy ๐Ÿ™†๐Ÿ’™. So good to see you here and thank you for visiting. ๐Ÿ’™

      Delete